Your information and details
- The Divorce Legal Service and Website and your agreement to these Terms
- These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) apply to the use of the services of Divorce Legal (“the Services”) and the use of the website of Divorce Legal (“the Website”) by a person (“client” or “your” of “you”). By accessing the Website, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms which are posted on the Website at the time of such access and use.
- You are not allowed to make any use of the Services and/or access the Website if you do not agree to the Terms. If you make any use of the Services and/or access the Website this will mean that you agree to the Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms you must immediately stop using the Website and the Services.
- We may, at any time, change the Terms. Any changes to the Terms will take effect from the time that Divorce Legal (“Divorce Legal” or “we” or “us” or “our”) place them on the Website. You are responsible for reviewing and checking these Terms (including any changes to the Terms which we may make) whenever you wish to use the Service.
- All information you give us must be truthful, accurate and complete. This includes the information that we request you to provide in the registration process and at any time after that.
- You must notify us if the information you give us changes or if details we have for you change or if they are incorrect or incomplete. If you do not update us, we will continue to use and rely on the most recent details which you have provided to us.
- You will be able to edit your own details by logging onto the Website after you have registered or by updating your details by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you an email confirming any updates or changes which you make.
Intellectual property rights and domain name use
- We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We strive to ensure that our use of your personal information is lawful, reasonable and relevant to our business activities with the ultimate goal of improving our services.
- We store your personal information on our servers. We reserve the right to and/or store your personal information on services in a jurisdiction other than where it was collected and such jurisdiction may not have comparable data protection legislation. If the location that personal information is transferred to does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal information, we will take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
- We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of retained information using accepted technological standards to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information and protect your personal information from misuse, loss, alteration or destruction.
- If we need to make a payment to you we will send you an e-mail requesting your banking details and make payment directly into your chosen bank account. We will keep the payment method details (for finance, recordkeeping and audit purposes) on secure servers. We will not disclose payment details to any third party except to the extent necessary to process and record payments.
- Even by taking the above measures when processing personal information we do not guarantee that your personal information is one hundred percent secure.
- We will not intentionally disclose, for commercial gain or otherwise, your personal information without your permission apart from under the following circumstances to which you agree to:
- our employees, contractors and agents if and to the extent they need to know that information in order to provide the Service, process it for us and/or to provide services to us such as hosting the Website, development and administration, technical support, financial services such as processing of payments, delivery services, marketing services (only in respect of the Services) and other support services;
- in order to enforce or apply our Terms or any other contract between you and us;
- in order to protect our rights, property or safety of our clients, employees, contractors, agents or any third party;
- to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or with any legal process and to protect and defend our rights, property or safety of us, our clients, employees, contractors and agents or any third party;
- to detect, prevent or deal with actual or alleged fraud, security or technical issues or the abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the Website;
- improve our Services, analyse trends and administer the Website including requesting feedback on or address any issues and liaise with you in that regard;
- keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
- fulfil any contractual obligations we may have to you or any third party;
- improve your experience and the overall quality of the Services.
- You are responsible for all use of your account and your password and any of your other user credentials.
- Whenever a person uses the Services or performs any other act, with your password or through the use of your user credentials, we will treat this as if it was done by you and with your approval.
- You must notify us immediately at email@example.com if you suspect that another person has obtained unauthorised access to your user credentials or your payment information or payment details. You will be responsible for changings your password, user credentials and your payment details as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised access.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer if any other person uses your password or your user credentials or your payment information or payment details without your approval or consent.
- All intellectual property on the Website, including but not limited to software, information, content, design elements, databases, text, graphics, drawings, images, icons, logos, trade names, service marks, hyperlinks and domain name(s) whether registered or not (“the Intellectual Property”) is the property of or is licensed to us.
- You undertake not to copy, reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, adapt, publish, sell, distribute, disseminate, exploit or in any other way unlawfully use the Intellectual Property or any aspect thereof.
- All our Intellectual Property rights are expressly reserved.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on the Website are provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice and you are encouraged to obtain legal advice before taking any course of action related to the information, ideas or opinions provided on the Website.
- To the full extent permitted by law:
- we make no representations and give no warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to the Website or the information provided on the Website and specifically but without limitation we make no representations and give no warranty that:
- the Website and Services will be tailored to meet your personal requirements or expectations;
- of the time within which the Website will be updated or that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free; or
- that the information provided on the Website will be true, complete, accurate or reliable.
- we and/or our employees do not accept or take any responsibility whatsoever for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature arising from reliance on information contained on the Website, the Service delivered and actions or transactions resulting therefrom.
- Although our best efforts are made to update the information on the Website and the contents of our Services regularly in order to offer the most current and correct information possible, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracy, errors, omissions or misinterpretations.
The prices for the Services are specified on the Website and are subject to change. We will display the updated prices on the Website from time to time.
Termination and Refund
Links to the website
- We may terminate the Website or any aspect thereof at any time.
- We reserve the right at any time and for any reason to terminate our agreement and the Services or any part thereof. If we do this, we will give you 30 (thirty) days’ prior written notice (unless the termination is required by law or it is reasonable in the circumstances to give shorter notice).
- We may terminate this agreement and the Services immediately:
- if you are in breach of a material provision of the Terms and fail to remedy the breach after we have given you 5 (five) days’ notice (or such shorter period where is reasonable);
- where we have reasonable grounds to believe you are committing or have committed a criminal offence;
- where we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are engaged in illegal or improper use of the Service;
- where we must do so to company with legislation;
- where a court complies us to do so;
- if any provision of the Terms or a part thereof becomes enforceable, illegal or invalid.
- You may terminate the Services within 48 (forty eight) hours from the time that you made payment to us by means of electronic transfer into our bank account.
- When you terminate the Services within 48 (forty eight) hours as specified above, we will request confirmation of your banking details by means of a bank letter with a bank stamp where after we shall refund the full amount paid by you within 5 (five) hours after receiving the confirmation of the banking details.
- If you terminate the Services after 48 (forty eight) hours you will forfeit any and all amounts paid to us and you will have no further claim against us.
- When we terminate the Services no refunds shall be offered where the Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused Services shall be refunded by us.
You may not create a link to any page of the Website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of the Website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of the Website by linking to it.
Links from the Website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked from the Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions. Failure by us to enforce any of the provisions set out in the Terms and any agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of the Term or of any agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
© Divorce Legal 2018 All Rights Reserved